After many hours of flying across the globe we have landed and made it into Swaziland tonight. We are 9 hours ahead and our body clocks are totally messed up. We know it's 2pm at home and here in Africa it is 11pm. Sleep awaits me, so this will be short.
We had an incredible flight and met up with part of the team in NY. 50 people arrived today and another 100 are coming in on various flights tonight. They will join us tomorrow. I have not experienced such a large group but when you break it all down into smaller numbers, it works.
We will be going on a Wild Game adventure tomorrow and are excited to see some other parts of this beautiful country as well as the "Big Five" as they are known for down here. That would be the lion, giraffe, rhino, zebra and elephant. Something like that, anyway - we are looking forward to it.
You will have to forgive me as my brain is quite rummy and my eyes want to cross as I type!
We have great access to the internet and will be posting things each day so come back if you are curious and see what we have going on while we are here!
Our bus was having mechanical issues on the drive from South Africa into Swaziland and it was great to sit on the side of the road and observe life. Cows crossing the road, people waiting for a taxi, children carrying water jugs and playing in their yards of dirt. We saw a woman carrying her large bag of oranges on her head with little to no effort, it was so natural. We saw Impala's and monkeys hanging around the highway we were on and the team kept a positive attitude through the now 7 hour bus ride to where we are staying.
All is well, we are thrilled to be a part of this team and to see what unfolds as the days progress.
Thanks for checking in on our travels and we look forward to some great stories and moments we will share along the way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh Jacqui... I read quite a few passages back and my heart is in my throat... I am so excited for you and also for your sweet people of Swaziland... I can see they are a gift to you, but I can only IMAGINE what a gift you are TO THEM...
ReplyDeleteEnjoy this experience with your SON! WOW! You two (and your troupe) have my prayers... I WILL be checking back - I just found this today but I WILL BE BACK!!!
All my love in Christ for you my sister and your son!
Beckie :)
<*)))><
Sounds great, Jacqui. We're praying for you and Matthias. Looking forward to more updates.
ReplyDelete